Illustration.Photography.Film.Animation.Graphic Design

...............................................

Forest Moon is a group of students from around the world (mainly living in kent...) who have made this blog to share their work, ideas and influences with you.

Thursday 16 December 2010

Here are some concept album covers I'm doing at the moment for my friends band ELEUSIS
I've developed a new fondness for collage, so I've been experimenting a lot recently with the aid of my fantastic "Talkies" book, which is a collection of movie stars from 1920-1960. Some really great photos in it. These images picture a Soviet Raptor playing accordion infront of adhering fans. 


Original scan, no changes added.

Changed hue, peaked contrast giving a grainy coloured effect in the crowd.

I use photoshop filters SPARINGLY. It feels a little like cheating, but
I just really liked this particular effect.

Exposure bumped up, makes the crowd stand out much more, but
perhaps the background looks a little washed out.


That's all for now, more coming soon! 

[Does this count towards our Nature and Natural History theme? The Red Army of 1930 never OFFICIALLY conscripted accordion playing soviet raptors, but then it was never OFFICIALLY stated otherwise. Pretty sneaky, Stalin!]




No comments: